Mastery Work at TvU
TvU is looking for people that can
fund, maintain, and grow their own programs. TvU provides a structure
that supports this type of effort in a way that no other company does.
Mastery Staff Positions
TvU needs people in these disciplines that are self-starters and able
to work independently. The key element of a MASTER position is that
they support themselves, and possibly a group of other people as well.
A person with a MASTER position is one who possesses the skills to generate
and sustain funding to support themselves in their own chosen discipline,
whatever that entails.
Benefits of a MASTER Position within the context of TvU:
- You can work on what you want to.
- TvU personnel can fill in the gaps in the skills needed to make your
funding efforts successful.
- Support services are provided and in place.
- You control your pay scale.
- You control your overhead.
- You control your benefits package.
- The TvU team can support you during occasional lean times (as you will
occasionally be negotiated to do for them).
- The TvU Environment:
- Time flexibility.
- Minimal meetings.
- Minimal red tape.
- A community of highly skilled and motivated people
that can help and interact with you.
- Extensive experimental equipment.
- Experience in becoming a successful master.
- TvU may be able to support you while you develop full funding.
Requirements for a MASTER Position: you must
- Have extensive computer skills.
- Communication skills (writing and talking).
- Be able to work at TvU, but often alone and progress independently.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be aware of safety and health issues.
- Be well organized and be able to document your work.
- Be a relaxed, hard worker.
- Enjoy what you do rather than wanting to get rich quick.
Also a plus (not in order of importance):
- Fit within established TvU efforts.
- Experimental training with
- Data acquisition and control training.
- Web site composition.
- Analytical skills.
- Understanding/experience relevant to the R&D process.
- Understanding/experience relevant to the process of product commercialization.
- Appreciation of work costing.
- Purchasing skills.
- Ability to generate new ideas.
- Primarily interested in the work and not the money...
Explore the rest of the web site to find out more about the current
status of TvU.