Climate Change - How Fast?
CO2 change is not a day by day change.
Do you see any decrease here?
Is climate change unstable in some way that causes even more severe effects?
- The opposite is not possible
- CO2 will only decrease if we either stop emitting so much CO2 (and methane, etc.)
How could climate change speed up - and fast?
- Global warming causes melted Permafrost (ground frozen all year round)
- Causes release of huge amounts of the carbon stored there.
- Ice shelf collapse
- Large ice caps melt on the bottom and suddenly collapse, melting much faster
- Huge increases in sea level in short (100 years) periods.
- Global warming may change the way the big ocean currents move
- Image what would happen if the gulf stream disappeared.
- Warming and ocean acidity may cause the destruction of most ocean reefs, eliminating entire ecosystems.
Good articles on tipping points:
Last updated: September 2020